Friday, April 20, 2018

Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow Comparison Swatches

I'm a Charlotte Tilbury newbie. I had my first CT product few months ago, I bought the Matte Revolution lipstick in Bond Girl and the famous Airbrush Flawless Finish powder. CT makeup is expensive BUT it was worth the splurge!

Recently I received a sample of the Wonder Glow face primer, and I was so excited to try another CT product!

According to Charlotte's website:

Darlings, my Wonderglow face primer features ingredients to give your complexion an instant pick-me-up to create an effortlessly dewy look. 100%* of users agreed that their skin was radiant and appeared more youthful after applying my Wonderglow! 
WHAT MAKES WONDERGLOW MAGIC:
• Use the Wonderglow face primer underneath your foundation OR on its own for a relaxed dewy look.
• State of the art fluorescent core light diffuser absorbs UV particles from the sun and reemits their energy as visible light, illuminating your skin.
• Soft focus ceramic microspheres smooth over wrinkles and imperfect skin tone, creating an anti-ageing optical illusion for a flawless, poreless complexion.
• Anti-aging BioNymph Peptide Complex stimulates collagen to promote elasticity in your skin.
• Ideal for those seeking an effortlessly dewy look.
• Paraben-free
• Fill 40ml

The full size retails for $55 at NordstromSince this is an illuminating base, I compared it with the Heimish Artless Glow Base primer and the MAC Strobe Cream in Pinklite.

 Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow Sample



CT Wonder Glow has a gold, champagne color with tiny sparkles, compared to the MAC and Heimish which has more of a white color. When swatched heavily, you can definitely see the color difference.


When blended, the CT wonder glow disappears into the skin and it leaves little chunky glitters, compared to the two which gives more of an iridescent finish. The texture isn't sticky which I like, but the product really doesn't show up on the skin.


My thoughts:
I was really disappointed with this product. I thought it would be like the MAC Strobe Cream where it would make you look dewy and fresh, but I really couldn't see the product once I blended it. This retails for $55 which is expensive, but honestly I wouldn't even buy it even if it was for $10. I love Charlotte Tilbury makeup but this was a disappointment for me.

Have you tried Wonder Glow? What are your thoughts?

XOXO,
Katrina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...