I love middle eastern food! Not everyone can appreciate mid-eastern spices, and my husband is one of them. He doesn't like the smell and taste, according to him, it tastes "arabic". I love trying new dishes from different parts of the world and I embrace their unique taste! My hubby on the other hand isn't quite a food adventurer. I've been living in Saudi Arabia for 2 years now, and I have never tried to make arabic food. This is my first, and it turned out so good! :) This will definitely not be the last!
2 whole chicken (medium size)
1 cup yogurt
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
2 tbsp canola oil
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp ginger paste
1 tbsp vinegar
1. Cut whole chicken in half, and wash with water
2. In a large bowl, combine yogurt, and all the dry ingredients
3. Put the chicken in the marinade, and coat well
4. Cover the bowl in plastic wrap and refrigerate over night
5. Pre-heat oven in 160 deg. I also turn on the top part of the oven in the lowest setting.
6. Place chicken skin side up on a baking dish, covering top with foil
7. Cook for 45 mins.
8. Remove from pan and grill until crust forms
9. Serve on top of basmati rice