Thursday, August 1, 2013

MAC 'Illustrated' Collection by Rebecca Moses All Over Brush Kit (Nordstrom Exclusive)

MAC All Over Brush Kit ('Illustrated' by Rebecca Moses)

Nordstrom recently launched this collection few weeks ago, and I had to make sure I get my hands on this brush set and the brown palette (photos and swatches on my next post). The ribbon design of the brush roll is just so pretty and girly and I just love the combination of brushes included in this kit. 

I bought them online at Nordstrom for $49.50 and had them delivered via Borderlinx since Nordstrom don't allow beauty products to be shipped internationally. I only payed $25 of shipping fee together with another 12 items of makeup. Still cheaper than to buy MAC here in Saudi Arabia!


 I was just wasn't crazy with the outside design which I thought are kinda creepy, but I love the matte black brush handles.
 According to Nordstrom:

M·A·C presents a brush roll featuring exclusive illustrations by witty fashion designer, Rebecca Moses and special-edition brushes shaped with full-size brush heads.

Kit includes:
- 168 SE Large Angled Contour Brush (1 1/4"W x 5"H).
- 287 SE Duo Fibre Eyeshadow Brush (1 1/4"W x 5"H).
- 224 SE Tapered Blending Brush (1 3/4"W x 5"H).
- 219 SE Pencil Brush (1 1/2"W x 5"H).
- 266 SE Small Angle Brush (1 1/2"W x 5"H).
- Brush roll crafted with pocket, flap to protect brushes and two small open pouches secured with an easy and efficient ribbon closure (6 1/2"W x 4"H; 8 1/2"H when open).

The 168 SE is used for applying blush, or bronzer to contour the face.
The 287 SE is great for applying gel e/s or paint pots to give a lid a wash of color and to help blend the product in.
The 224 SE is great for blending the harsh edges of eyeshadow and for blending concealer.
The 266 SE is great for applying gel liner on the top lash line or for creating a defined brow.

 Here's a side by side comparison of my MAC 168SE from 2009 Nordstrom exclusive and from the 2013 collection. The new brush is a little denser and more compact where as the one from the old collection is more loose and fluffy.
Here's a side by side comparison of the MAC 219 SE and the full sized 219. The brush are exactly the same! I know most people say that MAC travel brushes have bad quality compared to the full sized ones, but I own 2 brush sets from different collection and I'm happy with it and didn't think it was created poorly.

I think this brush set is great especially when traveling, and if you want to try MAC brushes without breaking the bank, this is a good deal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...