If you have been reading my previous posts, I am in search for my HG mascara that will give me volume, and hold a curl since my lashes are naturally droopy. I've been searching on youtube on mascara reviews and I stumbled upon a video review of this base. I haven't heard a bad review of it so I decided to buy one at Sephora. I got it at SR135 thats $35. I know Sephora in the US sells it for only $23. :( I hate everything is way overpriced here in Saudi.
What it claims: (from the website)
･Intensifies Volume, Length and Curl.
･Conditions and Make Lashes More Supple.
･Provides Elegant Glossy Finish When Worn Alone.
･DERMATOLOGIST AND OPHTHALMOLOGIST-TESTED.
The product has a gel-like consistency. I love how the brush is small and is stiff enough to comb through & separate my lashes.
Here is a photo of my bare lashes curled with an eyelash curler
Here is a photo of my lashes WITHOUT the primer but with SEPHORA LASH PLUMPER MASCARA. (review of this product here.)
And here is a photo of my lashes WITH Shiseido Nourising Mascara Base AND Sephora Lash Plumper.
See how much of a difference it makes? It held my curl and separated my lashes really well. It was a lil "spider legs" looking in this photo cause the sephora mascara was so bad at separating the lashes.
- It's awesome at holding the curl even on humid days.
- It isn't the usual white primers that when you missed a spot when applying your black mascara, you can see the white stuff.
- The wand is small so it's easy to apply.
- The brush isn't too soft so it separates the lashes.
- I noticed that it helped my mascara stay in place and didn't experience any smudging.
- When worn alone, it didn't provide a glossy finish like the product description claimed cause it didn't really apply transparent. It is better though than the usual primers with white finish.
- I got it for $35! Most expensive mascara primer I've ever tried!
I can't believe it took me this long to discover this primer, this will definitely be one of my HG products! Now I can use washable mascaras and not worry about my lashes not holding the curl since ALL the washable mascaras I've tried weight down my lashes. I will definitely repurchase this product! :)
Have you tried any mascara primers lately? What are your favorites? Please share. :)