Thursday, August 29, 2013

Regretting My Recent Purchase (MAC Pro Palette)

I just got home from a long day of shopping. I stopped by MAC earlier and was excited to get the new empty palette! I wanted to buy the single ones with the clear cover so I asked the lady if they have it, and she said yes! She showed me the inserts of eyeshadows and blushes together with the empty palettes, single and duo. Wow I didn't know they had the duo here in KSA! I got even more excited! I told her I didn't want the inserts cause I plan to depot my other non-mac stuffs as well. So I asked her for the prices.

The single palette with the clear cover was 150 SAR ($40).
(photo from maccosmetics.com)



The duo palette was 230 SAR ($61).
(photo from maccosmetics.com)


At that moment I had no idea how much the palletes were in the states all I know that it was a little expensive based on Dustin Hunter's youtube video about the palettes. I bought the duo and got home really excited!

(MAC old palette on the left, MAC new palette on the right)

After depotting my eyeshadows and blushes, I went online and checked http://maccosmetics.com for the original prices. As soon as I saw how much the palettes were, I was shocked!!! From the MAC website, both single and duo palettes were $8 each!!! I paid $53 more than the original price!!!! I could have bought a lot of makeup with that amount! So now I am in deep regret. I should have checked the website first before buying the palette so I was able to know how much they were in the states. :(
Oh well..... Lesson learned. Research about the product before buying!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...