Saturday, May 14, 2011

Searching for the best mascara: Part 1 (Sephora and Too Faced Lash Injection)

Voluminous, dark, long, and curled lashes. These are the perfect lashes most women want to have. Most women or maybe all women don't naturally have these lashes but it can be achieved by the help of a good lash curler and a good mascara.

I personally have long lashes but they're really thin and they all hang down. Finding the right mascara for me is a pain since all the washable ones I've tried ALWAYS weigh down my lashes. The only formula that works for me are waterproof mascaras but they're so hard to get off and I've noticed that my lashes became thinner maybe because I always have trouble getting it off and most of the time some of my lashes gets pulled out.

I will be sharing to you ladies, my hunt for my HG (holy grail) mascara. These will be series of posts on mascaras I've tried or currently use.

Here's a photo of my bare lashes curled using my Shu Uemura lash curler.




Sephora Lash Plumper (washable) $12





What I don't like:
  • weighed my lashes down
  • applicator was too soft and didn't separate my lashes well
What I like:
  • it's black (couldn't think of anything good about this product LOL)



Too Faced Lash Injection (washable) $21





What I don't like:
  • it weighed down my lashes (see how washable mascaras do to my lashes? makes my eyes look sad)
What I like:
  • it did separate my lashes more compared to the sephora one
  • it has a lemony scent. some may find it too strong but i love how it smells!
  • it's also black LOL


Obviously, both mascaras didn't work for me. Now I don't know what to do with them since I don't want to waste them and just throw them away. =/ Just to be clear, these mascaras may not work for me, but might work for others. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...