Monday, April 25, 2011

Birthday Dinner / Some rules in KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)

For the past week I was excited to celebrate my bdae with my fam and have dinner at Olive Garden. I was craving for Italian food and even thought of what to order for my bdae a week before. LOL. So yesterday, the 24th, we were supposed to have dinner at Olive Garden, but when we got to the place, it wasn't Olive Garden but Tandoori House. =/ I was so confused till now cause I was sure I saw Olive Garden sign outside last year when we passed by that place. So last night I was kinda disappointed cause I wanted italian food sooo bad but we had no choice but to look for another place to eat. The hub asked me where I wanted to eat, it was late and we were hungry so I said "let's just go to friday's" cause it was near out place and they had pasta on their menu. Here are some of the photos from last night.






As you can see I'm wearing an ABAYA which is a black robe cause women here aren't allowed to go out in public without an abaya on. Saudi Arabia has many rules for women like wearing an abaya, wearing a hijab (head scarf) to cover your hair. Single women aren't allowed to mingle in public with other men unless they're family like a brother, father, or uncle. 


for those who wanna know what l/s I used, it's MAC lickable and NARS rose birham. When peacocky collection was released here, I wanted Scandalicious lip color but it was sold out on all the MAC stores near our place so I tried mixing lip colors to make a dupe of it, and i think the color is pretty close and I love it! :)





6 comments:

  1. Ah what a cute little family you have! How's it like living in Saudi Arabia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog. You are so gorgeous and that little girl is too cute. The food look sooooo delish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur daughter is super adorable!!! and i love ur makeup esp the lipsticks u r wearing.the colour is so pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, thank you! It's actually ok. I don't mind being home all the time since i'm a full-time housewife but for most it is boring cause we barely go out with friends cause women aren't allowed to drive here and it's scary to ride a taxi alone or with your girlfriends.

    nelah, thank you! :) it is delicious!

    Yana, thank you! :) it is my fav l/s at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! Im a new follower and look forward to reading more from you. Follow me too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a cute fam, and this food looks really really good. Great blog, following you now

    xoDale
    I have a fashion blog here in California
    www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...